Saturday, July 08, 2006

World Cup 3rd & 4th Placing

This morning I was finally able to force my sleepy body to walk to the tv and turn it on.
Haha I didn't miss that good match, Germany against Portugal.
Tonight definately going to watch the finals.
It's such a pity Germany wasn't able to make it to the final two.
I supported them during the 2002 FIFA World Cup too,
when Oliver Kahn was captain and playing goalie for the Germs.
Last night was supposedly Kahn's last World Cup game,
he's already 37 of age.
Four years later he'd be 41.
He's still good.
He's like, when the ball gets near, he'll be either, 'I want the ball! I want the ball!', and catch and clutch the ball to his chest tightly with both arms, or he'll be, 'Get the ball away from me! Get the ball away from me!', and whack the ball away with his hand.
Four years ago, I remember him punching the ball with his fist, then the ball will be flying skywards.
Damn funny lah I've never seen a goalie like him.
So sad lor, the next World Cup, Germany's goalie is gonna be the curly hair dude.
The next World Cup is to be held in South Africa.
That's such a shock, what? Are they gonna kick coconuts?
And where to find such a big stadium?
No lah, I just haven't seen the world yet.
The blacks may win the World Cup next time, considering African teams like Ghana and Togo can already get so far into the tournament.
And it's their debut somemore.

Anyways, last night was a good match, only the second half was worth watching.
Half time ended with both sides 0-0.
Second half things started to heat up.
That 21-year-old player, I forgot his name, scored two goals for Germany, and Petit from Portugal scored an own goal.
I rememeber Petit's name cos the match's commentator kept repeating Petit's name.
Luis Figo really is a legend, once he stepped onto the pitch, things turned around for Portugal and he helped another dude score for Portugal.
I'm sorry, I'm not one for remembering names haha.
All in all, good match, although I was falling asleep thoughout.
I watched them score two goals with my eyes closed.
By the way, the match ended 3-1.
Of course, Germany won.

No comments:

My Shoutbox


Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger