Monday, July 10, 2006

Honestly, I wasn't expecting the Italians to clinch this year's World Cup.
I've said before, I don't know them well, but after watching last night's match,
I can see now that they have good defense, and good looking players.
Some say it was the perfect match to end the World Cup, with good players, good football, and good drama.
Drama being the irresponsible act of Zinedine Zidane.
A fellow Italian player must have said something nasty to him,
at first he walked away, maybe ignoring him,
but then he suddenly turned around and head-butt the Italian's chest.
The Italian was caught off guard and fell.
That stunt Zidane pulled cost him a red card and he was sent off.
He went straight to the dressing room.
He must have known that France could not win and gave up.
And anyway he'll be retiring, like Oliver Kahn,
and did what he could not have done before.
The match ended with Italy beating France in the penalty shoot-out with a score of 5-3.
The match ended full time with a draw, 1-1.
I thought the match was disappointing.
I was all the way rooting for France, and was deeply affected by what Zidane did.
He's my hero leh.
Lao hero, but still my hero.

The World Cup 5+kg leh.
Fucking make of gold.
Why the mafia didn't go and steal the Cup before the Italians could touch it?

No comments:

My Shoutbox


Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger