Monday, September 18, 2006

With the computer fixed, there was another problem.
I had thrown away my Singnet password.
Sounds stupid right?
Yep, I managed to do that.
You know that part when you sign in to something,
it will have the 'remember me' thing?
I typed in my login ID and password and checked the box for that.
Then I didn't bother to write down the password somewhere.
Then all of a sudden, when I tried to connect to my Broadband,
the password wasn't there!
I tried to recall, but it was like trying to remember how it felt like when I popped out
my ma's virgina.
Then I realised the only thing that has my password on it was when Singnet sent me the
letter with the ID and password.
And damn, I had thrown it away.
And that's how I threw away my password.
That was how I ended up with no internet, and a broken computer.

I called Singnet and asked them for the password,
but they needed my pa to talk to them,
cos the bill's under his name.
But my pa comes home in the evening!
And the hotline closes at 6pm.
I tried to tell them that, they said,
'No, we need your father to speak to us.'
I'm like, 'Screw you, I need the goddamn password.'
They suggested I call him at work.
But I know him,
he'll be like, 'My work more important or your stupid password more important?'
Then all I can do is wait for him to get home,
kiao his kah on the table,
then sheepishly ask him to call Singnet for me,
but going through his lecture on keeping important things properly first.
I'll get it somehow.

Enough of that.
Today was the first day of Term 3.
Which means, new lecturer, new module.
Lecturer is by the name of Blah,
a 30-something fit-looking Indian man.
No sign of a belly.
He can be a Bollywood superstar.
Bollllywood.
Module is Business Law.
PHWAH!
Sounds exciting leh!
But wait til you see the book.
It's 3cm thick. (Yes, I measured)
Quite thick for a book leh.
For the rest of the 3 hours I didn't understand what he was saying.
Except for Subordinate Courts, and two more whatever courts.
I only know Courts, the sell electronics and furniture one.

Something exciting happened.
Mr. Blah took our attendance.
He called out my friend, Kitson's, name.
The classroom big, therefore when he look in one direction,
he cannot see the other end of the class.
He happened to not see where Kitson was sitting.
Then Kitson made a birdie noise, to catch Mr. Blah's attention.
Mr. Blah didn't like it.
Talked to him after he took everyone's attendance.
Something about, 'As friends, you can do that. But this is a class, you are the student,
and I'm the lecturer, we are of different positions.'
That kind of bullshit.
I only managed to catch his last sentence, 'No hard feelings.'
Cos Kitson was looking pissed.
But everything turned out okay.

I understood the last 'No hard feelings' part.
Cos this is a private institution, the kids are rich.
If they dulan one lecturer,
the kid complain to Daddy and Mommy,
then the lecturer die liao.
That's why lecturers are scared.
Cannot go overboard.
If they go overboard, their rice bowl also kena overboard.
This is the society nowadays, sad to say.

I no choice lah.
I'm no rich kid.
That's why have to guai guai listen to lecturer.
That's why parents brought me up to be the 'listen to teacher, or you DIE' kind of kid.
Lucky I'm this kind of kid, hor?
If not I'll be everyone's nightmare.
Yours, too.

No comments:

My Shoutbox


Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger