Sunday, April 01, 2007

Quit-Smoking Advert


I see her everywhere.
On the TV, in bus shelters, in newspapers.
This ad was meant to shock people into quitting smoking, for good.
It shocked people well.
The Singapore Smoking Control Campaign's toll-free smoking QuitLine has seen a five-fold
increase in the number of calls.
On 28th March, the Health Promotion Board also launched another advertising tactic at
Raffles Place, featuring a "sick patient" on a stretcher being monitored by a doctor,
and nurses distributing flyers to the lunchtime crowd.
Although this effort pushes smokers to quit their bad habit,
parents are also worried.
The TV ads are now only going to be shown from 8pm onwards,
when most children would not be watching TV.
Complaints were received from parents that after watching the ads,
the children had nightmares.

It's enough to shock me,
what have we got to say about children?
I was walking to the bus stop after school on Friday,
when I saw this women at the bus stop again.
And for the rest of the day I had her gross image glued to my mind.
Let's hope there are not going to be any more of this kind of ads.

No comments:

My Shoutbox


Powered By Blogger