Thursday, April 19, 2007

Babies

It's so weird the way babies sleep.
Or maybe just this particular one.
One afternoon I watched him sleep.
First, the expression on his face was blank,
as in he looked like sleeping.
But then he'd suddenly burst into a wide grin,
open-mouthed, like laughing or something.
He'd have these little sudden burst of grins and laughter,
like someone was playing with him in his sleep.
But he sometimes had other expressions too.
Like he was in pain or tasting something bitter.
I watched him grin a few more times then I got really spooked.
It's damn scary.
I quickly walked away.
Once when he was asleep in my Ma's arms,
and I saw him grinning,
I asked my Ma why.
She said, “床婆在跟他笑。”
And once,
he was in a bad mood and whined and cried,
my Ma carried him and sort of faced him to our god altar,
he suddenly burst out smiling,
when looking at our 观音娘娘 statue.
He carried on smiling for quite some time,
so I took the chance and snapped some of the best photos I've ever taken of him.
Our 观音 must have been playing with him too.
Another thing is, sometimes he'd look at a particular place and smile.
I dunno whether if he's smiling to himself or smiling at something.
Scary huh?
I wonder if he sees things we can't.

No comments:

My Shoutbox


Powered By Blogger