Sunday, November 12, 2006

So on Friday my relatives from Malaysia came over to my house.
On Saturday we had a great day.
In the morning we went over to Kusu Island to pay pilgrimage to the Gods.
Actually I asked Huiling along (since she's so suaku and dunno where the hell's Kusu Island),
but after some consideration she decided to stay home and study.
We took the train to Marina Bay and took bus 402 to the Marina Bay Pier and waited for a very long time
until it was our turn to board the ferry.
Most of the people who went were old grandmas and grandpas and aunties and uncles.
The ferry was comfortable, with air-conditioning and TVs and the journey lasted around 10 mins.
When we reached there, the older people (haha) went to the temple to pray whereas I couldn't stand the
overwhelming smell of incense, and ran out with the other kids to see the tortoises.
There were quite a lot of tortoises.
I went to the Kusu Island website and read that the legend is that years ago two fishermen, a Chinese and
a Malay were shipwrecked and a magical turtle tranformed into an island to save them.
But yesterday I look at the shore of the island, I saw a lot of those rock things that hold the island in place,
preventing it from floating away, similar to East Coast Park.
And East Coast Park is reclaimed land, which means Kusu Island is also reclaimed land arh?
Crap lah!
Anyway, so after the adults prayed, we went to this pasar malam thing that sells $2 Toto numbers which
cost $20, sold by an Indian man.
Who would want to buy right.
Other stuff like laughing buddhas, shell wind chimes, ornaments, hair bands, etc were seen there too.
My aunts bought some rings and bangles made from tortoise shell, and some tortoise ornaments, with the
heads and legs and tails loose, so when you shake it, it seems like the tortoise is shaking its body parts.
My aunt gave me one.
It's brown and has a smaller baby tortoise stuck to its back.
The interesting thing is most of the things sold there has four lucky numbers attached to its bottom.
Then the funniest thing that happened yesterday was the uncle who sells the tortoise ornaments,
when people want to buy right, he would perform this screaming thing for the buyer.
He would shout something like, "Heng heng, wah, this tortoise is so golden, sure bring you luck!
This one shell so big, sure can give birth many times! You buy this sure will bring you luck! You buy three,
this one first prize, second prize, third prize! HENG AH!"
It was so hilarious, we kept shouting, "Heng ah!" after that.
After that we went to bug some nibbles, and my cousins kept calculating the price in ringgit.
Then we went to take some pictures at the beach.
I must say Neil Humphreys is right, the beach is beautiful.
Go around the shores of Singapore, see if you can see green coloured sea water.
Then we went to queue up to take the ferry back to mainland.
The sky opened up and poured and poured into the night.
We went home, drenched.
Took a bath and rested and ate lunch,
then off we went again!
To Bugis this time.
They bought bags and bags of munchies.
Then we went to Bugis street and bumped into our very very distant relative.
I dunno who he's related to, but somehow everybody knows everybody else.
And somehow I dunno everybody.
He treated us to dinner and we ate a lot.
Then we went home, all feeling so shagged.
Then at night my ma told them about my boyfriend.
At first she's the one who didn't want to tell anyone about it.
Now she's telling everyone.
Then everyone keep saying bad things about my 6th aunt.
I agree she's not a very nice person.
But everyone say bad things about her say until very happy leh.
I guess they're just letting it all out, they never used to talk about her openly like that.
Oh, and my toilet seat broke.
Dunno which fat ass sit until like that.
My ma went to order a toilet seat.
In the meantime, she used scotch tape to hold it in place.
I'm supposed to meet Huiling now, but due to her laziness...
Ahem.
I shan't say anymore.
I can only say good luck for your test tomorrow.

No comments:

My Shoutbox


Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger