Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My Old Workplace, My Favourite Workplace: TakPo

Last night my ex-colleage Xiao Hong called to ask how I was.
I was glad to hear from him but felt guilty cos after resigning,
I haven't took time to pay them a visit.
So I've decided to go Chinatown to see them this weekend.
And buy some cake to treat them and at the same time see if there were any more angbaos around.
Xiao Hong asked me,
"Wei she me mei lai kan wo men ah?
Ou er chuan yi ge jian xun lai jiu xing le ma?
Jin nian mei lai gen wo na hong bao ah?"
Then I told him,
"OK, wo ming tian jiu qu!"
He said,
"BU YAO BU YAO!
Ha ha, mei you la..."
I remember receiving a $2 ang bao from him last year.
I miss the people there.
I miss the fun and laughter.
They seem to be able to make eveything into a big joke.
And we'll just laugh laugh laugh.
Work was especially fun with Xiao Hong around..
He was my fake-high-five buddy.
We'd run towards each other in slow motion and slap each other high fives and pretend to miss.
Then feign shock.
Xiao Kang used to laugh at us from behind the congee counter,
when he was new.
Xiao Hong is full of crap.
That time when I was still working there,
his wife gave birth to a son.
Coincidentally, his surname is Luo.
So he named his son Luo Zhi Xiang.
I remember he showed me a photocopied copy of the birth cert.
I read the name and started laughing.
There were lots of good times during the 6 or 7 months working there.
I would continue working there if there wasn't so much work.
I'm lazy, yeah.
But the workload is heavy.
I miss them.
But I'll be there to see them this weekend.

No comments:

My Shoutbox


Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger