Thursday, February 01, 2007

I've been cyber-inactive for quite some time now.
Now everybody knows what a lousy computer I have.
It managed to go and get itself some bug that reboots whenever I connect to the Internet.
So I'm now going to start blogging as always,
just that I save my posts in the computer,
and when my computer is fixed,
I'll upload everything.

Yesterday was my 18th birthday.
I wasn't looking forward to it as much as, say, 1 or 2 years ago.
The... excitement just isn't there anymore.
Maybe its part and parcel of growing up.

Received quite a lot of well wishes.
Thanks very much.
In the morning I just slacked away.
There were no lessons yesterday.
Special privilege.
Nah, kidding.
Just no lessons.
Bf took the day off too, cos he was sick.
Met the girls at night.
Had Sockhoon and Fiona wait for almost half an hour for me.
They bluffed that they were going to bring me to Night Safari (I didn't believe them),
but they quickly alighted the bus when I wasn't looking.
They just love to do that to me.
Imagine at the crucial time I didn't turn my head and see them running off...
I would still be in the bus while they laughed their socks off.

They took me to this nice restaurant.
But it's situated in the HDB area.
Wonder how they make profit.
Before going in they showed me a video PY and Huiling took.
It was a video of our Peirce teachers, Mrs Han, Ms Tan and Mrs Yau singing a birthday song
for me.
It was a nice surprise.
Ok, it was an okay surprise, because teachers aren't my favourite people in the world.
Right.
Then we went in,
ordered food and they showed me my first present.
IT WAS A DRESS!
I was like, "Great! A dress!"
But secretly I was thinking how I would look in it.
So I had this blank face on for a moment while dozens of horrible images flashed through
my mind.
They made me wear it.
So I wore it and they took pictures and I did that pose which I didn't think I would
possibly do.
So the food came and we ate and chatted.
And they played pool, there was a pool table.
Around 11pm they took out the cake.
And they showed me another video.
This time it was the Peircean choir singing a birthday song for me!
Now, this was the nicer surprise.
I had 4 years of choir practice.
There were ups and downs.
But after seeing the video, I realise how much I miss doing the choir warm ups.
It almost made me cry.
Almost.
But their faces were all bored and not one bit happy at all.
That put me off a little.
But I guess that's because more than half of the choir dunno who the hell they were singing
the song for.
Then they gave me the second present.
The leather bag!
It's great, thank you.
I reached home at around 12 and that was the end of my 18th birthday.
I couldn't fall asleep immediately.
I layed in my bed smiling for around an hour or so.
This was the best birthday I've ever had.
Thanks, everyone! (:

No comments:

My Shoutbox


Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger