Sunday, May 27, 2007

Big feet and bus rides

Went to meet him again yesterday, as usual, he's my weekend indulgence. (: Read and read in the library and then went for dinner. Not-so-nice coffee shop Jap food. Then we walked around for a bit. Saw a shoe shop. Wanted to buy a pair. I tried on the largest size but it was a little tight. I remember thinking why have they got shoes this small. Then my next thought was, "Why are my feet this big?" I remember my always telling me I had big feet. She called me Big Foot Girl in hokkien. I'm just glad she's stopped now. It's kind of depressing. Anyway, I didn't buy any, seeing that they have shoes this small (I insist on sticking to this theory).

Then I took a long bus trip home. I suppose people would ask me why wouldn't I want to take the MRT or something. But the thing is I enjoy taking long trips. I guess it sort of started since young. It was comforting and carefree sitting in the car for 4 hours on the road, on the way to Malaysia. I don't think much about road accidents. Just the occasional panic whenever the bus driver swerves to avoid hitting another car. Anyway, back then as a kid I don't think of road accidents. It's bad. We're lucky the public transport in Singapore is so good. You even get to watch TV in the bus. Name me 5 countries with TVs in their buses. You can't. Well, I enjoy bus rides mostly because I like the feeling of... moving. As in you're just moving along nicely, though not on your own feet or whatever. I do most of my thinking in buses, I like looking out the windows at people going on with their daily lives. In MRTs you don't really see a lot. Either things are moving too fast or there's this blackness outside the whole time. In buses I think, listen to music on the IPod, do a bit of reading, or daydream. It's quite nice. But at times I use to think too much, and when I get off the bus my mind gets a little fuzzy. Like, "Where is this? What the fuck am I doing here?" I like bus rides. There was a time I got on a bus just for the sake of it. I didn't have anywhere in mind. Then I felt a little stupid and got off the bus and crossed the road and went back. Yeah, it was a little stupid. I dunno what's the obsession with this bus trip thing. But I like it. That's me. The loony me.

No comments:

My Shoutbox


Powered By Blogger