Wednesday, March 28, 2007

LOVE

I know I love to say that love changes people and this and that,
I really mean it.
Love makes you do things you never knew you would do.
Like going long distances (I mean literally).
I've been travelling from Toa Payoh to Jurong East to see him,
but not all the time of course.
Would you do that just to see a friend?
I would probably say,
"YOU SIAOW AH!!! So far, you come here lah!!!!"
Xiao Hong once asked me if I loved someone,
would I go all the way to Joo Chiat to buy chee cheong fun for him?
I said yes.
His question made me think a lot.
I guess love makes people excited somehow.
This anticipation...
This happiness you feel.
I used to have this feeling of my heart swelling (no, it's not a heart condition)
and face gets hot and stomach fluttering thing going on inside me.
I sort of miss that feeling.
Now everything's just going on as it's supposed to be.
Nothing exciting anymore.
But I still get that feeling of luuuuurve when I look at him.
One year ago,
Xiao Hong used to ask me why I keep smiling to myself at work.
He could see that glow.
It's like, if you've seen someone in love, you'll immediately sense it.
It's like a glow, somehow emiting from the person's aura,
that differntiates that person from everybody else.
Some people say they don't need love,
that single is the best, whatever.
Well, I can say, they are bluffing.
Love is the best feeling in the world.
Love is what everybody should look out for in life.
Love is what everybody is looking out for in life.
To love and be loved.
Just having that feeling once is enough.

Somehow love makes you stronger,
makes you more matured,
makes you less selfish,
makes you wake up every morning feeling really happy.
There are things you wouldn't do when you're not in love.
Like just staring at the handphone,
wishing he would sms or call you RIGHT NOW.
Like wishing the bus or train would move faster,
so you can see him sooner.
Like taking up cooking,
so you can cook for him.
Like washing the dishes with him and feeling nice,
although it's something you deeply loathe.
Like loving kids and wanting to have some,
so that you can raise a family with him.

For some reason,
I'm humming to Nat King Cole's L.O.V.E.
Hmmm,
I wonder why.

No comments:

My Shoutbox


Powered By Blogger