Monday, October 02, 2006

Life's a bore these days.
Going to school is a chore.
Waking up in the morning is a chore.

Watched Oprah in the evening.
In the past I never thought Oprah would be such an eye-opening show.
Today a dog came to the show.
Not just any dog, but a dog without both her front legs.
To move herself around, she had to learn to walk on her hind legs,
like a human.
She was born without her front legs,
and her current owners had saved her from being smothered by her mother
just after she was born.
I got a terrible shock when I first saw the dog, but afterwards I became even more sad.

A boy was also featured in the show.
When he was six, he witnessed his father killing his wife,
then afterwards, the father stabbed the boy six times in the face, neck, and stomach.
The amazing thing was, despite the severe wounds,
he managed to dial 911 and the police and paramedics were there just in time,
before his father went back to the room and found that he was still alive.
He said there were angels to guide him.
They carried him to the phone and told him to play dead, so that his father did not
kill him.

Another guy was featured in the show.
He has Tourette Syndrome, a sickness where the person does not have full control of his
muscles.
The man can't control the noises that he makes, and his face twitches.
I noticed a guy in my class who also has this syndrome, probably very mild.
He occasionally twitches his neck, and he blinks a lot.
Not normal blinking, but those blinks when you blink really hard.

The last one was Warren MacDonald.
His legs were crushed by a huge boulder when he went hiking in the mountains with his
friend.
He was trapped under the rock for 45 hours,
and eventually his legs had to be amputated.
I read about his story in a Readers' Digest issue a few years ago,
and I watched the show, 'I Shouldn't Be Alive' on Discovery Channel.
Although he has to use thouse false metal legs as replacement for his legs,
he still goes mountain climbing and hiking.
That's inspirational.

Almost during every episode of Oprah,
I have a reason to be inspired and emotional.

No comments:

My Shoutbox


Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger