Monday, October 23, 2006

poor guy jumping the tracks and big news to dear old ma

I'm sure you've all heard of the case of the poor (I mean literally) man jumping the tracks
at Chinese Garden MRT station, if not, you really live under a rock.
As my friend remarked, you cannot die of hunger in Singapore, but you can die of poorness.
As in really go and plug yourself because you're so poor, you can't afford to pay your
water and electricity bills.
That's a real life example.
A sad story, really.
The family practically survived on instant noodles and porridge and vegetables.
But the death may be a blessing, but of cos the grief at first, to the family, the two sons and the widow.
They've received over 500K from people all over Singapore.
Spending the rest of their lives won't be a problem then.
I mean, they're rich.
It's a sad story lah, but get a little publicity, all the money comes rolling in.
Not I don't sympathise with them hor, but I'm stating the fact.

This afternoon I told my old ma I have a boyfriend.
She was like, 'Want to die arh?! Your studies more important! The money I give you is not
for free hor! What if you fail how?!' and yada yada.
As if I will let my studies interfere with other things.
Although I'm mentally unstable, I know what is my first priority.
Funnily enough, she then got interested, and want to know more about him.
So I gladly filled in the details.
Where he lives, all about his family, his job, his personality...
Of cos I added in all the pluses.
Like he's going to start a business soon, and he's honest and won't bully people..
Haha.
I even told her his age.
She was a bit shocked.
But I'm surprised she took it lightly.
I told her age is not the problem.
She told me it's not that she don't want to let me have a boyfriend, but I'm still young
and next time still got lots of time to look for boyfriend.
But she knows me lah, I want means I want.
And she was young before, she knows how I feel.
And I'm turning 18 next year.
Young adult already leh, I can decide my future on my own.
Deep down inside I know she believes in me, that I can make it on my own, without her.
And I think she's quite happy I have a boyfriend,
every mother does.

Soon I'm bringing him home.
And we can discuss wedding plans.
And I'll invite you to my wedding.
And Kitson wants to drive for me.
Haha.

No comments:

My Shoutbox


Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger