Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Nearing the end of my school life

2 weeks left of lessons, and a one-week study week of preparation for the final exams. It would probably the last exam I'm ever going to go through in my life. Am starting to doubt if I'll ever go on and get a degree. But maybe I will. Urgh.

These 2 years in MDIS was okay. It wasn't that bad, actually. The only bad thing about going to school was the constant nagging thought of my paying a large sum of my ma's money in order to continue upgrading myself. There are a few of my Diploma classmates who are still remoduling their Diploma modules, and whenever I see them I smirk secretly to myself and think, "See? I've already got my Diploma cert, why you so slow?"

I guess the reason I can't let myself fail the exams is because I can't afford to pay more money to retake the exams or remodule. After all, I'm still living off my parent's money. AND I JUST HATE HATE HATE IT.
Not having your own income is like, helplessness. You can't do anything yourself. If you need to buy lunch you still have to ask your ma for money, and it's... fucking urgh. Anyways, soon I'll be making my own money.

I see the rich kid in my Diploma class, he's so different from me. Whatever he wants, he only have to open his mouth and he'll get it. His dad earns more than $30K a month, and that sum alone can feed so many many mouths. Maybe the only good thing about your parents being rich is you can have a good life. And probably when you turn 18, a car will magically appear in front of your door step with a huge ribbon tied on top and a card bearing the words 'HOORAY! YOU ARE 18!'. I've never dared to think of the same fate happening to me, and I don't even know if I'll be able to afford a car or not.

I hate thinking about money. I guess rich people don't have to daydream of striking the lottery, huh? The money is just... there. Like air.

No comments:

My Shoutbox


Powered By Blogger