Wednesday, January 21, 2009

422: MY OMNIA! (:

I got my Omnia yesterday! Whee hee!!!!! Although it's only the 8GB version (who needs the 16BG anyway, it's a waste of money and storage), I'm loving it cos it's blacccck. Because I wanted the Samsung Pixon in the first place (cos it's blaccck, and a black touch screen phone is way too coool), I realised that the price of the Pixon and Omnia 8GB are the same, so might as well get the Omnia, which is a SMARTPHONE and have so many many many functions than the Pixon. I did a lot of research before buying it, so I knew that it's truly the one that I want. Pixon is only a JAVA phone with an 8-megapixel camera, whereas the Omnia is a smartphone, and not to mention the 8GB internal memory.

Freebies-wise. The promotion included a free 1GB memory card (but who needs one, when I already have an 8GB internal memory?), and there was this CNY promotion lucky draw thing. I'm using the BF's handphone contract to buy this phone, because my N73 is giving up on me, or will give up on me soon, and I didn't want to hurriedly get a phone when it finally gives up on me, and since the BF's contract ended months ago, he let me use his contract to buy a phone, and I'll let him use mine when mine ends in September.

Anyway, about the lucky draw thing, the guy held a lucky draw box in front of the BF, so he put his hand in but didn't swirl and mix around the contents to choose one, he just put his hand in and pick up the one right at the top. He opened the card and guess what? He won a pair of Sennheiser earphones! The sales guy was a bit surprised, he said, "Wow, that's a good price." And I just giggled myself silly.

Unsurprisingly, I had a lot of difficulty using the Omnia at first. But it's a smartphone, it runs on Windows Mobile, it's very different from normal Java handphones. But I'm starting to get the hang of it. Overall, the Samsung Omnia is a great phone!

I just realised that I'm a gadget geek.

No comments:

My Shoutbox


Powered By Blogger