Friday, June 27, 2008

Another day at the hospital

Was supposed to work today but had to cancel cos I had to accompany my ma to the hospital for 2 appointments. Just got back home. The doctors arranged another 2 appointments for her. Looks like my ma's going to have to be in and out of the hospital for the next few weeks.

The nurse opened up the bandages and I saw the wound for the 2nd time. It has healed reasonably well but when she picked up a pair of scissors and proceeded to cut away the top layer of the wound, my heart skipped a beat.

My sis and I could only watch in horror as she snipped and snipped away at the red flesh, and blood spilled down my ma's foot. But the funny thing was my ma didn't seem to feel any pain. The nurse and my ma chatted while the nurse cut at the flesh. After she was done, I asked my ma if it hurt. She said a little. She didn't know that the nurse was cutting at her flesh, and was kind of puzzled when she looked down to see that her foot was bleeding. Luckily she didn't look at her foot while the nurse was cutting. After that we asked the nurse why she had to do that. She explained that the top layer of the wound is bacteria. She had to cut away the top layer to keep the wound clean.

No comments:

My Shoutbox


Powered By Blogger